Covid 19 Risk Assessment
Puffin Produce Ltd takes the health and safety of all employees and other key stakeholders very seriously. Since the out-break of COVID-19, the company has been issuing regular updates and guidance to all stakeholders about what actions are required to reduce and mitigate, the risk of COVID19 infection of employees, customers and suppliers.
Some examples of the actions taken include:
• COVID-19 specific Disaster Recovery and Segregation teams have been put into place.
• A specific risk assessment on “Working Arrangements and Measures for COVID-19” has been conducted and made available to all employees.
• Employees are regularly made aware of relevant Government guidance with regards to working during the COVID-19 pandemic. This is updated as required to reflect current available guidance.
• Employees are made aware of the symptoms of COVID-19 in line with current government guidance as well as reporting procedures.
• We are following Government guidance in ensuring that our employees who are able to work from home do so and avoid coming into the workplace.
• Good hygiene practices continue to be implemented across all areas of our sites. Staff have access to good hand washing facilities and sanitiser. Work areas and especially key touch points are regularly sanitised.
• Dedicated welfare facilities have been put in place for our various teams.
• Employees are regularly reminded about social distancing via dialogue and signage.
• New starters and employees returning to work after a period of absence due to illness, are required to complete a COVID-19 specific “Staff Health Questionnaire and Fitness to Work” form respectively.
• Shift patterns, fixed teams and partnering have been introduced to reduce the number of people each person has contact with.
• Only urgent and authorised visitors and contractors are allowed on site.
• Visitors and contractors must sign in at reception and complete the COVID-19 specific questionnaire.
We will continue to monitor the situation, work to the relevant Government legislation and guidelines to ensure our employees and business are protected from the ill effects of the COVID-19 virus.